From: Ricardo Bevilacqua <rus.spes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:15:40
1 2007/9/12, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi. I have instability in my PC and I highly suspect it is caused by
3 > hardware problems in my TV card. I would like to clean its contacts and see
4 > if it, by a miracle, solves the problem. But I don't want to make it worse.
5 > So: is it safe to clean the contacts of a PCI card with isopropyl alcohol
6 > and a cotton swab?
9 Of course it's safe, just turn everything off, take the card out and
10 clean it with the alcohol.
11
12 Another thing...What do you mean by instability?
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list