From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:12:20
1 On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:58:16 -0300
2 "Ricardo Bevilacqua" <rus.spes@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > So: is it safe to clean the contacts of a PCI card with isopropyl
5 > > alcohol and a cotton swab?
8 > Of course it's safe, just turn everything off, take the card out and
9 > clean it with the alcohol.
10
11 Most isopropyl , at least around here, is 70 to 90 percent alcohol.
12 There is also some other stuff, and one of the most likely things to be
13 there is water. While I wouldn't worry about using it co clean openly
14 exposed contacts, make sure it is well dried and don't go applying it
15 to sockets or wide areas of the components.
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list