From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 8 bays/drives in server: only 6 seen in gentoo
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:08:22
1 Does anyone know this?
2
3 I run 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 on a server, amd64 ..
4
5 It has 8 hotswap-bays for hdds and lspci says it uses a --->
6
7 Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller
8
9 So far I used the ahci-kernel-module, it worked.
10
11 Until now we used only 4 hdds in that box, today I added 4 more.
12
13 But I only see six drives ... /dev/sd[a-f] ... no /dev/sd[gh]
14
15 hmmm
16
17 I don't know if all the bays are wired correctly, I would have to take
18 the server offline for a longer period to check that. But I think one
19 could expect those hotswap-bays wired ready to use.
20
21 My thought is, maybe the ahci-module is/was somehow limited with this
22 kernel? Maybe I should use another module?
23
24 This server is remote, so I have to be careful right now.
25
26 Thanks for any hints, Stefan