From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 8 bays/drives in server: only 6 seen in gentoo
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:32:52
1 Doesn't help right now but it sounds like an expander cable might be loose.
2
3 On 3/26/10, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
4 >
5 > Does anyone know this?
6 >
7 > I run 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 on a server, amd64 ..
8 >
9 > It has 8 hotswap-bays for hdds and lspci says it uses a --->
10 >
11 > Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller
12 >
13 > So far I used the ahci-kernel-module, it worked.
14 >
15 > Until now we used only 4 hdds in that box, today I added 4 more.
16 >
17 > But I only see six drives ... /dev/sd[a-f] ... no /dev/sd[gh]
18 >
19 > hmmm
20 >
21 > I don't know if all the bays are wired correctly, I would have to take
22 > the server offline for a longer period to check that. But I think one
23 > could expect those hotswap-bays wired ready to use.
24 >
25 > My thought is, maybe the ahci-module is/was somehow limited with this
26 > kernel? Maybe I should use another module?
27 >
28 > This server is remote, so I have to be careful right now.
29 >
30 > Thanks for any hints, Stefan
35 Sent from my mobile device
38 Kyle