From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cruft in /etc. How to clean in out.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 02:54:49
1 >>> app-admin/findcruft2
2 >> Which overlay?
3 > $ eix findcruft
4 > * app-admin/findcruft2 [3]
5 > Available versions: 20080831
6 > Homepage: http://benedikt.boehm.name
8 > for unmerged packages
9 >
10 > * app-portage/findcruft
11 > Available versions: ~1.0.4-r1!m[1] 1.0.4-r1[2]
12 > Homepage:
13 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=254197
14 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Clean_Up_Cruft
17 > [1] (layman/arcon)
18 > [2] (layman/gentoo-taiwan)
19 > [3] (layman/hollow)
20
21 Hum, findcruft2 yields a different list of cruft files. It is smaller;
22 I think it is better.
23 It is a pity, though, that findcruft2 is only offered through git. I
24 would prefer snapshots (more reliable), or, having to choose a version
25 control system, I would prefer one that doesn't take 75MB of hard
26 disk. If is ironic to install git to get findcruft ...
27 By the way, I found it weird that git has a lot of git-* binaries in
28 /usr/bin that are all 777 KB.