From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cruft in /etc. How to clean in out.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 06:54:45
1 2008/11/27 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>:
2 >>>> app-admin/findcruft2
3 >>> Which overlay?
4 >> $ eix findcruft
5 >> * app-admin/findcruft2 [3]
6 >> Available versions: 20080831
7 >> Homepage: http://benedikt.boehm.name
9 >> for unmerged packages
12 > Hum, findcruft2 yields a different list of cruft files. It is smaller;
13 > I think it is better.
14 > It is a pity, though, that findcruft2 is only offered through git. I
15 > would prefer snapshots (more reliable)
16
17 I am not that familiar with git but I think he uses a git snapshot
18 already by setting this options in the findcruft2 ebuild:
19
20 EGIT_REPO_URI="git://git.xnull.de/findcruft2.git"
21 EGIT_TREE="6b8c800f33aee3dc0bd9751ff1db2bf61668ff10"
22
23 This will checkout a specific git tree and is somewhat the same as a snapshot.
24
25 > or, having to choose a version
26 > control system, I would prefer one that doesn't take 75MB of hard
27 > disk. If is ironic to install git to get findcruft ...
28 > By the way, I found it weird that git has a lot of git-* binaries in
29 > /usr/bin that are all 777 KB.
32 Afaik these binaries are all the same and are there for compatibility
33 with old versions and will be removed in future versions. As for now
34 you can call "git some-command" and "git-some-command" which offers
35 the same functionality, but in the future with these binaries removed
36 only "git some-command" will be possible.
39 Regards,
40 Daniel