From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pambase/shadow warning
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 08:14:13
1 On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 03:52:39 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > > > The comments there say that if you run etc-update right after the
4 > > > emerge all is well (but this isn't sufficient for people who use
5 > > > screen, detatch, and log out). Someone also mentioned
6 > > > dispatch-conf working. No one mentioned cfg-update, which I use
7 > > > (and I believe neil does as well). Could the problem be dependent
8 > > > on which configuration file updater one uses?
9 >
10 > No, he is using conf-update, which is a different utility.
11
12 Yes, and it appears that conf-update handles orphaned ._cfg files poorly.
13 Whether these files are allowed to exist or not it not really relevant,
14 it should handle the situation, time for a bug report.
15
16 Incidentally, if anyone gets hit by this, the simple fix is to re-emerge
17 shadow with --noconfmem, which installs the missing files.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 I am Zaphod of Borg. Now, where's the coolest place to be assimilated...