From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] showing files in numerical order
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:53:35
1 No, it's not the proper numerical order. Yes, it's the proper sort for a
2 sorting algorithm unaware that it's sorting strings with numeric components,
3 such as a one examining input on a strictly codepoint-by-codepoint or
4 character-by-character basis, but that's not the only way to sort.
5
6 I'd suggest filing a bug. I don't know enough about collations to know whether
7 or not localization is supposed to cover numeric sorting, but the old behavior
8 was clearly better, from a human UI standpoint.