From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fcron & fetchmail & procmail and the "why not?"
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:06:07
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> [09-09-21 17:13]:
2 >
3 > On 20 Sep 2009, at 16:34, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > >...
5 > >When using the line:
6 > >
7 > > @ 5 fetchmail -a
8 > >
9 > >nothing happens: The mail remains on the server and can be downloaded
10 > >with
11 > >
12 > > fetchmail -a
13 > >
14 > >from the commandline.
15 >
16 > Here my crontab says:
17 >
18 > 0-59/4 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail > /dev/null 2>&1
19 >
20 > I suggest trying the full path, but you may also be able to redirect
21 > to somewhere other than /dev/null & perhaps see something useful?
22 >
23 > Stroller.
26 Ha! :)
27
28 To not to involve stdout was the hack!
29
30 Currently I am running fetchmail via fcron and does what it should
31 since fetchmail directly reports to /dev/null.
32
33 I think I will change the whole suff to run in daemon mode, since I
34 think (to be read as: "...not know for sure...") that it is a little
35 bit more performant. Or?
36
37 Thanks for the help! :)
38 Keep hacking!
39 mcc
42 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
43 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
44 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
45 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.