From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] And thus the emerge spake...
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 03:45:29
1 Hi,
2
3 ...and the novice was buffled and even the master shifted a little bit
4 after recognizing this words of the eternal being named emerge.
5 I know, that there is a difference in knowing the path and walking the
6 path, but it seems that I am not supposed to understand this:
9 These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
10
11 Calculating dependencies... done!
12
13 Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 KiB
14
15 WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:
16
17 dev-util/boost-build:0
18
19 (dev-util/boost-build-1.60.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
20 =dev-util/boost-build-1.58* required by (dev-libs/boost-1.58.0-r1:0/1.58.0::gentoo, installed)
21 ^ ^^^^^
24 !!! The following update has been skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies:
25
26 dev-libs/boost:0
27
28 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=dev-util/boost-build-1.60*" have been masked.
29 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
30 - dev-util/boost-build-1.60.0::gentoo (masked by: )
33 For me it looks like boost not beeing updated/reinstalled because of
34 another version of boost, which depends on boost.
35
36 HELP, I need somebody, HELP, not just anybody hee-eee-eelp uuuuuhhhh!
37
38 Thanks for any HELP in advance! May the source be with you...
39 Best regards,
40 Meino