From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] compiling seamonkey
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:05:55
1 Hello,
2
3 The outgoing email system in Seamonkey has recently
4 stopped working. Googling, I have found some threads
5 that it may be related to the latest version of GCC..
6 Incoming email works but outgoing never leave the system
7 and seamonkey locks up, once outgoing mail is sent. If
8 I do not send outgoing mail, all else with seamonkey
9 is fine. Other browsers work just fine, and I receive
10 incoming email and can read it, sort, save/del etc etc,
11 just fine.
14 On the system with the troubles, gcc was recently
15 upgraded:
16 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2
17 [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.2 *
18
19 Can I just recompile seamonkey using the older
20 gcc version? (caveats?)
21
22 So then my questions is how do I recompile seamonkey
23 (and any other necessary software) using the
24 non-default older gcc (4.1.2)?
27 Any other suggestions? (I'm posting via gmane)....