From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compiling seamonkey
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:15:37
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > The outgoing email system in Seamonkey has recently
5 > stopped working. Googling, I have found some threads
6 > that it may be related to the latest version of GCC..
7 > Incoming email works but outgoing never leave the system
8 > and seamonkey locks up, once outgoing mail is sent. If
9 > I do not send outgoing mail, all else with seamonkey
10 > is fine. Other browsers work just fine, and I receive
11 > incoming email and can read it, sort, save/del etc etc,
12 > just fine.
15 > On the system with the troubles, gcc was recently
16 > upgraded:
17 > [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2
18 > [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.2 *
19 >
20 > Can I just recompile seamonkey using the older
21 > gcc version? (caveats?)
22 >
23 > So then my questions is how do I recompile seamonkey
24 > (and any other necessary software) using the
25 > non-default older gcc (4.1.2)?
28 > Any other suggestions? (I'm posting via gmane)....
33 You can compile Seamonkey with the old version but it COULD cause
34 problems with the libraries it depends on. It may work fine tho. It is
35 worth a try. Just select the old compiler and re-emerge seamonkey.
36
37 Also worth noting, I to tried the new gcc and ran into a lot of
38 problems. Not all of them were Seamonkey but it gave me problems as
39 well. Another person had trouble with mythtv. You are not alone here.
40
41 Hope that helps.
42
43 Dale