From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: compiling seamonkey
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:50:50
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > You can compile Seamonkey with the old version but it COULD cause
5 > problems with the libraries it depends on. It may work fine tho. It is
6 > worth a try. Just select the old compiler and re-emerge seamonkey.
7
8 Done
9 Seamonkey works now.
10
11 > Also worth noting, I to tried the new gcc and ran into a lot of
12 > problems. Not all of them were Seamonkey but it gave me problems as
13 > well. Another person had trouble with mythtv. You are not alone here.
14
15 OK, so I'll file a bug report, on gcc-4.3.2.
18 A runtine update (not certain when) changed gcc to 4.3.2.
19 So Should I recompile everything? Discover what get compiled
20 with 4.3.2 and recompile it (how?) ?
21
22 Or just leave it like it is, som 4.3.2 and some 4.1.2 binaries
23 mixed, until the devs figure things out?
26 guidance?
29 James