From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 15:41:14
1 On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 15:01:35 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > Can you imagine an fstab with 22 partitions? Doesn't bear thinking
4 > > about.
5 >
6 > Yes. I have one with 12 and often wish it had more.
7 >
8 > It comes in handy when you need to test drivers and applications
9 > against different distros, and your customers use 4-5 different
10 > versions of RHEL, 4-5 different versions of Ubuntu, a couple random
11 > versions of SuSe, Mint, Arch, etc. You could of course, have 12 (or
12 > 22) different hard drives that you swap in/out of the machine, but
13 > that's tiresome and expensive.
14
15 But actual partitions? Without some sort of volume management? I have 27
16 btrfs subvolumes on one system, but I wouldn't want to do that with
17 partitions. And you don't find yourself wishing for more with a volume
18 manager, just create whatever you need... which is how I reached 27.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...