From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge libxcb fails
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:24:01
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:05:49PM +0100, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > Alec: Ten Harmsel:
3 > > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 08:01:19PM +0100, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
4 > > > I'm getting
5 > > >
6 > > > Makefile:1318: recipe for target 'xinput.c' failed
7 > > >
8 > > > when emerging x11-libs/libxcb-1.11.1, logs etc.:
9 > > >
10 > > > http://turkos.aspodata.se/tmp/gentoo/
11 > >
12 > > I can't read build.log - 403 permission denied.
13 >
14 > Ok, fixed. I did not check emerge's log permission.
15
16 In general (someone else, correct me if I'm wrong) this list would much
17 rather have you attach a compressed build.log when you mail in the
18 problem. That way, there is no chance of permissions problems, and years
19 from now, the logs will still be here for posterity.
20
21 The problem is a python script that runs in the build process has a
22 KeyError. I did notice that for you, that python script is running on
23 files in `/usr/local/share/xcb', while it runs on files in
24 `/usr/share/xcb' on mine. These are a part of the `x11-proto/xcb-proto'
25 package. Do you have a version of xcb-proto installed in /usr/local? It
26 is possible that the libxcb configure script is picking an old version
27 of xcb-proto that is installed in `/usr/local' over the correct version
28 installed in `/usr'.
29
30 I would recommend removing `/usr/local/share/xcb' and trying to install
31 libxcb again.
32
33 Alec