From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge libxcb fails
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:40:41
1 Alec Ten Harmsel:
2 > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:05:49PM +0100, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
3 > > Alec: Ten Harmsel:
4 > > > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 08:01:19PM +0100, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
5 > > > > I'm getting
6 > > > >
7 > > > > Makefile:1318: recipe for target 'xinput.c' failed
8 > > > >
9 > > > > when emerging x11-libs/libxcb-1.11.1, logs etc.:
10 > > > >
11 > > > > http://turkos.aspodata.se/tmp/gentoo/
12 > > >
13 > > > I can't read build.log - 403 permission denied.
14 > >
15 > > Ok, fixed. I did not check emerge's log permission.
16 >
17 > In general (someone else, correct me if I'm wrong) this list would much
18 > rather have you attach a compressed build.log when you mail in the
19 > problem. That way, there is no chance of permissions problems, and years
20 > from now, the logs will still be here for posterity.
21
22 They were kindof big, so I didn't want to swamp the mailing list.
23
24 > The problem is a python script that runs in the build process has a
25 > KeyError. I did notice that for you, that python script is running on
26 > files in `/usr/local/share/xcb', while it runs on files in
27 > `/usr/share/xcb' on mine. These are a part of the `x11-proto/xcb-proto'
28 > package. Do you have a version of xcb-proto installed in /usr/local? It
29 > is possible that the libxcb configure script is picking an old version
30 > of xcb-proto that is installed in `/usr/local' over the correct version
31 > installed in `/usr'.
32
33 Yes, that's probably it, thanks for the look.
34
35 > I would recommend removing `/usr/local/share/xcb' and trying to install
36 > libxcb again.
37
38 I mv'ed /usr/local/share but it didn't help.
39
40 Is there some make clean or similar for emerge, tried --fail-clean a
41 couple of times, but that didn't help. Perhaps if I change some use var
42 and run emerge -auDN @system, would that help. Well that would be a
43 thing for tomorrow.
44
45 Regards,