From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage getting mixed up with USE?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:10:01
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2011 14:22:00 Daniel Pielmeier did opine thusly:
2 > > Portage has always displayed the latter right? That makes sense
3 > > - you can see what the emerge command would do as entered and
4 > > compare it to the error to see what the problem is. In this
5 > > case it's a tweak to package.use which I'm perfectly happy to
6 > > do.
7 > >
8 > > I think it's bug time, portage is displaying the wrong output
9 > > for
10 > > failures.
11 >
12 > You can try if you get the desired output if FEATURES="-autounmask".
13 > If you enable autounmask portage automatically enableds the
14 > required changes and tells you the changes required to your
15 > configuration.
16
17 It is unset here (well, it's not set, actually - same thing)
18
19 I'm a sysadmin, I have an inherent distrust of all things software and
20 automagic-config-changers are scary things indeed :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com