From: LinuxIsOne <linuxisone@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:52:52
1 On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I no longer run Gentoo on my Pentium IBM laptop - let's face it with 72M RAM
4 > even fluxbox was a bit sluggish!  Ha!
5
6 ;)-
7
8 > I do however run it on my 1998 vintage Pentium 3 laptop and before that on a
9 > Pentium 3 Coppermine.  KDE is sluggish and rebuilding KDE takes a day or so.
10 > That's why I don't run a full KDE ...  ;p  Only some KDE apps on e17.
11
12 I guess, if Gentoo is required to be learned first and that's why it
13 is not so popular like Ubuntu and lag far behind than it. When I asked
14 a stranger do you know about Computers? He says, no but I know what it
15 is. Then I asked him of Linux, he says, yes I heard of Ubuntu but I
16 don't know! At least he heard of Ubuntu and Gentoo (when asked about)
17 he says: Is it a country? /o\