From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice needed regarding udisks
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 05:43:12
1 On 17/08/13 22:00, Grant wrote:
2 >>>>> This is actually a portage question. How can I install udisks-2 in a
3 >>>>> way that will fix this problem? I'm confused by how to handle the
4 >>>>> slotting behavior.
5 >>
6 >> I think the issue here is that we are not understanding what the
7 >> problem is. It happens with an application in particular, or with a
8 >> desktop environment? It happens when you try to umount the device, or
9 >> when you disconnect it from the computer? Do you loose data in the
10 >> camera, or when transferring photos to your computer? Or is only that
11 >> you don't like the error reported?
12 >
13 > When trying to eject a USB camera in thunar in xfce4, the error
14 > appears and the device does not umount. Here is a command that also
15 > produces the error:
16
18
19 Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now
20 obsolete `udisks` command
21
22 udisksctl command = new udisks 2
23 udisks command = old udisks 1