From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice needed regarding udisks
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 06:22:03
1 >>>>>> This is actually a portage question. How can I install udisks-2 in a
2 >>>>>> way that will fix this problem? I'm confused by how to handle the
3 >>>>>> slotting behavior.
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >>> I think the issue here is that we are not understanding what the
7 >>> problem is. It happens with an application in particular, or with a
8 >>> desktop environment? It happens when you try to umount the device, or
9 >>> when you disconnect it from the computer? Do you loose data in the
10 >>> camera, or when transferring photos to your computer? Or is only that
11 >>> you don't like the error reported?
14 >> When trying to eject a USB camera in thunar in xfce4, the error
15 >> appears and the device does not umount. Here is a command that also
16 >> produces the error:
19 > [ ... ]
20 >
21 > Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now
22 > obsolete `udisks` command
23 >
24 > udisksctl command = new udisks 2
25 > udisks command = old udisks 1
26
27 OK, but first I need to figure out how to get gvfs to use udisks instead of gdu.
28
29 - Grant