From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays & package.mask
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:25:23
1 On 10 September 2010 11:40, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Hilco Wijbenga
3 > <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> So I'm confused. Why is package.mask not having any (apparent) effect
5 >> for pykde4? How do I prevent the downgrade?
6 >
7 > It's probably unmasked as well. I think unmask overrides mask.
8 >
9 > As an alternative, you can try to eliminate pykde4 entirely by setting
10 > these USE flags in your package.use:
11 >
12 > kde-base/marble -python
13 > kde-base/plasma-workspace -python
14 > kde-base/superkaramba -python
15 > kde-base/kdeadmin-meta -cups
16 > kde-base/kdeutils-meta -cups
17 >
18 > With those, I have no pykde4 at all. I'm not sure what functionality
19 > may be lost due to it, but I've noticed nothing that I use missing.
20
21 This seemed like the easiest solution especially since pykde4-4.5.1
22 doesn't even build. All's good now. :-)