From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays & package.mask
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:13:07
1 On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Hilco Wijbenga
2 <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > So I'm confused. Why is package.mask not having any (apparent) effect
4 > for pykde4? How do I prevent the downgrade?
5
6 It's probably unmasked as well. I think unmask overrides mask.
7
8 As an alternative, you can try to eliminate pykde4 entirely by setting
9 these USE flags in your package.use:
10
11 kde-base/marble -python
12 kde-base/plasma-workspace -python
13 kde-base/superkaramba -python
14 kde-base/kdeadmin-meta -cups
15 kde-base/kdeutils-meta -cups
16
17 With those, I have no pykde4 at all. I'm not sure what functionality
18 may be lost due to it, but I've noticed nothing that I use missing.