From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to misconfigure USB ports in the kernel?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 14:06:49
1 On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 13:23:27 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Michael wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 13:09:03 BST Dale wrote:
4 > >> Michael wrote:
5 > >>> On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 12:37:49 BST Dale wrote:
6 > >>>> I checked the man page, I see nothing about the show progress option.
7 > >>>
8 > >>> Are you sure?
9 > >>>
10 > >>> This is what I see here on line 47:
11 > >>>
12 > >>> "status=LEVEL
13 > >>>
14 > >>> The LEVEL of information to print to stderr; 'none' suppresses
15 > >>> everything but error messages, 'noxfer' suppresses the final
16 > >>> transfer
17 > >>> statistics, 'progress' shows periodic transfer statistics"
18 > >>>
19 > >>> I find this useful in seeing the transfer speed drop in real time as the
20 > >>> cache gets saturated.
21 > >>
22 > >> Ahhh, I didn't see the status part. It's sort of hiding in a
23 > >> subsection. At least I know now that the version I have installed has
24 > >> this option.
25 > >>
26 > >> I wish I could view man pages like I used to in Konqueror. It displays
27 > >> like a webpage and is much easier to search through.
28 > >>
29 > >> Thanks for pointing that out.
30 > >>
31 > >> Dale
32 > >>
33 > >> :-) :-)
34 > >
35 > > Yes, I also liked the old Konqueror interface. Searching for keywords
36 > > e.g.
37 > > "progress" within man pages works if you preface the keyword with "/":
38 > >
39 > > /progress
40 > >
41 > > will find it and "n" or "Shift+n" will jump forward and backward to any
42 > > other instances in the man page.
43 >
44 > That doesn't work here. I can type in /progress but it just shows up at
45 > the bottom.
46
47 Yes, it shows at the bottom until you hit enter to execute the search. Then
48 it highlights the next instance of the searched string. Just like Vim/Vi
49 does. Hmm ... I wonder if I have set up some special environment parameter on
50 my systems and forgotten about it. :-/