From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to misconfigure USB ports in the kernel?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:23:36
1 Michael wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 13:09:03 BST Dale wrote:
3 >> Michael wrote:
4 >>> On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 12:37:49 BST Dale wrote:
5 >>>> I checked the man page, I see nothing about the show progress option.
6 >>> Are you sure?
7 >>>
8 >>> This is what I see here on line 47:
9 >>>
10 >>> "status=LEVEL
11 >>>
12 >>> The LEVEL of information to print to stderr; 'none' suppresses
13 >>> everything but error messages, 'noxfer' suppresses the final
14 >>> transfer
15 >>> statistics, 'progress' shows periodic transfer statistics"
16 >>>
17 >>> I find this useful in seeing the transfer speed drop in real time as the
18 >>> cache gets saturated.
19 >> Ahhh, I didn't see the status part. It's sort of hiding in a
20 >> subsection. At least I know now that the version I have installed has
21 >> this option.
22 >>
23 >> I wish I could view man pages like I used to in Konqueror. It displays
24 >> like a webpage and is much easier to search through.
25 >>
26 >> Thanks for pointing that out.
27 >>
28 >> Dale
29 >>
30 >> :-) :-)
31 > Yes, I also liked the old Konqueror interface. Searching for keywords e.g.
32 > "progress" within man pages works if you preface the keyword with "/":
33 >
34 > /progress
35 >
36 > will find it and "n" or "Shift+n" will jump forward and backward to any other
37 > instances in the man page.
38
39 That doesn't work here.  I can type in /progress but it just shows up at
40 the bottom.  If I try "n" or shift+n I just get a n or N.  Maybe my man
41 page uses something different.
42
43 That said, I haven't tried Konqueror in a while so I found it, it gives
44 a error but I can type in man:dd and it shows up.  It has a search
45 tool.  Last time I tried it, wouldn't even come up.  That was a while
46 ago tho.  Guess it got fixed.
47
48 Dale
49