From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to misconfigure USB ports in the kernel?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:15:31
1 On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 13:09:03 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Michael wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 12:37:49 BST Dale wrote:
4 > >> I checked the man page, I see nothing about the show progress option.
5 > >
6 > > Are you sure?
7 > >
8 > > This is what I see here on line 47:
9 > >
10 > > "status=LEVEL
11 > >
12 > > The LEVEL of information to print to stderr; 'none' suppresses
13 > > everything but error messages, 'noxfer' suppresses the final
14 > > transfer
15 > > statistics, 'progress' shows periodic transfer statistics"
16 > >
17 > > I find this useful in seeing the transfer speed drop in real time as the
18 > > cache gets saturated.
19 >
20 > Ahhh, I didn't see the status part. It's sort of hiding in a
21 > subsection. At least I know now that the version I have installed has
22 > this option.
23 >
24 > I wish I could view man pages like I used to in Konqueror. It displays
25 > like a webpage and is much easier to search through.
26 >
27 > Thanks for pointing that out.
28 >
29 > Dale
30 >
32
33 Yes, I also liked the old Konqueror interface. Searching for keywords e.g.
34 "progress" within man pages works if you preface the keyword with "/":
35
36 /progress
37
38 will find it and "n" or "Shift+n" will jump forward and backward to any other
39 instances in the man page.