From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:32:00
1 On 28 January 2007 20:09, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:07:26PM +0100, Jan Stępień wrote:
5 > > I entered Amarok's setting window and in the Appearance tab I found an
6 > > option allowing me to change the default font. Moreover the font chooser
7 > > dialog allows me to check whether the font contains diacritical
8 > > characters. I've chosen a suitable font, which displayed all those chars
9 > > correctly and clicked "Apply". Most surprisingly, part of the fonts have
10 > > changed and begun to display everything correctly (e.g. the context
11 > > window and the playlist), but the main menu on the top still consists of
12 > > those rectangles and I am not able to change its font. Well, I have to
13 > > admit that I'm a little bit dizzy.
14 >
15 > Did you try choosing the same font in kcontrol?
16
17 He is using GNOME!
18
19 Uwe
22 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
24 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
25 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list