From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <michal.vaner@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:14:44
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:07:26PM +0100, Jan Stępień wrote:
4 > I entered Amarok's setting window and in the Appearance tab I found an
5 > option allowing me to change the default font. Moreover the font chooser
6 > dialog allows me to check whether the font contains diacritical
7 > characters. I've chosen a suitable font, which displayed all those chars
8 > correctly and clicked "Apply". Most surprisingly, part of the fonts have
9 > changed and begun to display everything correctly (e.g. the context
10 > window and the playlist), but the main menu on the top still consists of
11 > those rectangles and I am not able to change its font. Well, I have to
12 > admit that I'm a little bit dizzy.
13
14 Did you try choosing the same font in kcontrol?
18 This message has optimized support for formating.
19 Please choose green font and black background so it looks like it should.
20
21 Michal "vorner" Vaner