From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:16:31
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen napisał(a):
2 > I guess I can assume that `locale-gen` doesn't report any errors then. So
3 > maybe you need to install kde-base/kde-i18n ? I assume your LINGUAS variable
4 > does include "pl"? Otherwise adjust it and run `emerge -vDp --newuse world`.
5
6 Yes, locale-gen outputs no errors. Installing kde-base/kde-i18n with
7 "pl" among my LINGUAS wasn't helpful, however I've noticed something
8 interesting.
9
10 I entered Amarok's setting window and in the Appearance tab I found an
11 option allowing me to change the default font. Moreover the font chooser
12 dialog allows me to check whether the font contains diacritical
13 characters. I've chosen a suitable font, which displayed all those chars
14 correctly and clicked "Apply". Most surprisingly, part of the fonts have
15 changed and begun to display everything correctly (e.g. the context
16 window and the playlist), but the main menu on the top still consists of
17 those rectangles and I am not able to change its font. Well, I have to
18 admit that I'm a little bit dizzy.
19
20 Regards,
21 Jan Stępień