From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays - mask everything except a specific package?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:49:34
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:19:03 +0100, Willie WY Wong wrote:
2
3 > > The way I do this is to layman -a the overlay but not put it in
4 > > make.conf. Then I symlink only the ebuilds I want to my local
5 > > overlay. By symlinking instead of copying, I automatically get
6 > > updates to that package.
7 > >
8 > Neat! I should've thought of that.
9 >
10 > I guess you actually symlink the directory?
11
12 Yes.
13
14 > Would there be any problem with eclass and such?
15
16 There may be, either with an eclass or a dependency version that only
17 exists in the overlay. Sometimes I've had to symlink a dependency or two
18 too. I don't recall ever hitting this with an eclass, but it is possible.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 THE BORG: Calm, Cool and Collective...