From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays - mask everything except a specific package?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:16:08
1 On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 08:04:36PM +0000, Penguin Lover Neil Bothwick squawked:
2 > > 2) Mask everything in an overlay except exactly what I actually want
3 > > installed.
4 >
5 > The way I do this is to layman -a the overlay but not put it in
6 > make.conf. Then I symlink only the ebuilds I want to my local overlay. By
7 > symlinking instead of copying, I automatically get updates to that
8 > package.
9 >
10 Neat! I should've thought of that.
11
12 I guess you actually symlink the directory?
13
14 Would there be any problem with eclass and such?
15
16 Cheers
17
18 W
21 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
22 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton