From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB Audio ?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 03:24:56
1 On 2019.05.13 23:10, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > is it somehow possible to play USB-Audio on a PC without one of these
5 > USB-dongle-"soundcards" (DACs)?
6 >
7 > I searched the web and only got links to those dongles...
8 >
9 > On the other hand: On the forum of the developers board one post
10 > spokes of a "dummy" USB-Audio device...
11 >
12 > How can I acchieve this?
13 >
14 > Thanks for any help in advance!
15 > Cheers!
16 > Meino
17 It's not clear what you really want. Why would you want USB audio
18 without an actual USB audio device? Without a USB audio
19 dongle/device/whatever, what would you have to actually produce
20 sound? I can imagine a "dummy" USB audio device - but I can imagine
21 it for testing the software, but not actually producing any sound, so
22 why would you want it?
23
24 Jack