From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bind-9.8.1_p1 recompilation failed...
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 19:19:05
1 On 01-Mar-12 21:29, walt wrote:
2 > On 03/01/2012 09:55 AM, Jarry wrote:
3 >> What could be the problem? I remember just yesterday I updated
4 >> bind from 9.7.4_p1 to 9.8.1_p1, but today recompilation simply
5 >> failed...
6 >
7 > I'm getting exactly the same error, so I'd say the ebuild is broken.
8
9 You might be right. After resyncing portage today bind does not
10 want to be re-emerged (yet I did it just to be sure it works).
11 Short check revealed that "-static-libs%" has been removed from
12 use-flags...
13
14 <OT>: recently I noticed many times that a certain use-flag has
15 been activated for application, but removed a after a few days.
16 Not a big problem for "small" applications, but might be quite
17 annoying if I have to recompile gcc two times in two days, for
18 all of my servers. Seems to me like insufficient testing and
19 this should never happen in case of stable releases...</OT>
20
21 Jarry
25 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
26 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.