From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bind-9.8.1_p1 recompilation failed...
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 16:36:11
1 Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 01-Mar-12 21:29, walt wrote:
4 > > On 03/01/2012 09:55 AM, Jarry wrote:
5 > >> What could be the problem? I remember just yesterday I updated
6 > >> bind from 9.7.4_p1 to 9.8.1_p1, but today recompilation simply
7 > >> failed...
8 > >
9 > > I'm getting exactly the same error, so I'd say the ebuild is broken.
10 >
11 > You might be right. After resyncing portage today bind does not
12 > want to be re-emerged (yet I did it just to be sure it works).
13 > Short check revealed that "-static-libs%" has been removed from
14 > use-flags...
15 >
16 > <OT>: recently I noticed many times that a certain use-flag has
17 > been activated for application, but removed a after a few days.
18 > Not a big problem for "small" applications, but might be quite
19 > annoying if I have to recompile gcc two times in two days, for
20 > all of my servers. Seems to me like insufficient testing and
21 > this should never happen in case of stable releases...</OT>
22 >
23 > Jarry
24 In bind 9.9.0 I am getting undefined access to main, so things seem to
25 be getting much worse.
28 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
29 How do
30 you spend it?
31
32 John Covici