From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bind-9.8.1_p1 recompilation failed...
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 16:55:29
1 On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 11:34:54 -0500
2 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > On 01-Mar-12 21:29, walt wrote:
7 > > > On 03/01/2012 09:55 AM, Jarry wrote:
8 > > >> What could be the problem? I remember just yesterday I updated
9 > > >> bind from 9.7.4_p1 to 9.8.1_p1, but today recompilation simply
10 > > >> failed...
11 > > >
12 > > > I'm getting exactly the same error, so I'd say the ebuild is broken.
13 > >
14 > > You might be right. After resyncing portage today bind does not
15 > > want to be re-emerged (yet I did it just to be sure it works).
16 > > Short check revealed that "-static-libs%" has been removed from
17 > > use-flags...
18 > >
19 > > <OT>: recently I noticed many times that a certain use-flag has
20 > > been activated for application, but removed a after a few days.
21 > > Not a big problem for "small" applications, but might be quite
22 > > annoying if I have to recompile gcc two times in two days, for
23 > > all of my servers. Seems to me like insufficient testing and
24 > > this should never happen in case of stable releases...</OT>
25 > >
26 > > Jarry
27 > In bind 9.9.0 I am getting undefined access to main, so things seem to
28 > be getting much worse.
29
30 Can you fill a bug report to bugs.gentoo.org about it or lookup existing one
31 with your problem? Build problems are usually easies to resolve.
35 Sergei