From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Raid and Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:19:34
1 Hi,
2
3 I've bought a computer, and it has the possibility of making a RAID. I
4 configured it through the BIOS setup.
5
6 I've booted up Gentoo live cd with "dodmraid" parameter, so the raid was
7 placed in /dev/maer/whatever.
8
9 After installing everything (stage3, stage1 failed for me here in ~amd64),
10 I got to the critical point: GRUB.
11
12 I've *NO IDEA* of how should I configure GRUB to detect my RAID. If you
13 can help me I'd be very happy !!
14
15 Because I wonder: How can I say to GRUB where the kernel is, if for
16 reading the "big hard disk" it needs to have a module (or not), just the
17 kernel loaded, but what grub does is load the kernel, so WHAT I HAVE TO DO
18 ?
21 Thank you very much,
22 Rafael Fernandez Lopez.
25 "A la vista de suficientes ojos todos los errores resultan evidentes" -
26 Linus Torvalds
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list