From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about eix-test-obsolete output
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:03:14
1 > emerge -uNDvp world comes out clean.
2
3 Hmm. I just commented an entry in package keywords and after that it
4 showed up the same way as reported it. If i run portage it wants to
5 downgrade that particular package.
6
7 > I can not find
8 > gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r3 in any file in /etc/portage/package.* so sort
9 > of curious about that. I did check and I am not using that version
10 > anymore so I unmerged it. Maybe that will fix that. o_O
11
12 This should fix it! It was my mistake. Eix is looking up its database
13 and does not find gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r3 because it has been removed
14 from the tree thus it gets reported.
15
16 > Still waiting on that light bulb moment. I been studying this thing the
17 > past couple days on my own so it's a bit . . . muddy, in here. LOL
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :-) :-)
24 @Vaeth
25
26 Maybe you can enlighten me.
27
28 eix-test-obsolete checks first for non matching entries in a package
29 file e.g. if I have an entry with a typo or a removed package then it
30 will be reported.
31
32 But what is the difference between a "redundant entry" and an
33 "uninstalled entry". As far as I see the matching criteria of both
34 checks is a package which is not installed or in the database but in a
35 package.* file.
36
37 Btw: eix-test-obsolete can not check for obsolete use-flags at the moment?
38
39 Regards,
40
41 Daniel