From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about eix-test-obsolete output
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:49:54
1 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > > Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):
3 >
4 > As it says this apps are either not in the database or masked.
5 >
6 > kde-base/kdeaddons-docs-konq-plugins-3.5.9 masked
7 > kde-base/kdeaddons-kfile-plugins-3.5.9 masked
8 > kde-base/kdeaddons-meta-3.5.9 masked
9 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r3 not in the tree and thus not in
10 > the eix-database anymore.
11 > x11-apps/xinit-1.0.5-r2 masked
12 >
13 > I guess portage will downgrade the masked ones if you run emerge -uND
14 > world, so if you want them put them in package.keywords. You can
15 > remove gentoo-sources from /etc/portage/package.whatever as it is not
16 > in the tree anymore.
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 >
20 > Daniel
23 emerge -uNDvp world comes out clean. I can not find
24 gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r3 in any file in /etc/portage/package.* so sort
25 of curious about that. I did check and I am not using that version
26 anymore so I unmerged it. Maybe that will fix that. o_O
27
28 Still waiting on that light bulb moment. I been studying this thing the
29 past couple days on my own so it's a bit . . . muddy, in here. LOL
30
31 Dale
32
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list