From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accidently removed gcc-lib
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 05:07:46
1 Mine GO BOOM wrote:
2 > On 8/16/06, Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Check to see if you have a copy in /usr/portage/packages/All/. I have
4 >> buildpkg in my make.conf and it saves a compiled "rescue" copy there.
5 >> Since we have a similar system, I could email you mine if you would
6 >> like.
7 >>
8 >> May want to wait a bit and see if someone else has a better idea
9 >> too. ;-)
10 >>
11 >> Dale
12 >
13 > In an attempt to find a gcc-lib from stages, I couldn't. Then I
14 > figured, what the hell. I symlinked the folder in
15 > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-pc-linux-gnu to /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu
16 > and working fine
17
18 Cool. I had a copy here just in case. You may want to set buildpkg in
19 make.conf if you have enough drive space. It's a life saver for sure.
20
21 Dale
22
24 --