From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nano in install-amd64-minimal-20121013.iso broken?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:20:40
1 Am 15.10.2012 20:33, schrieb Jarry:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm installing new host, following Gentoo Linux AMD64 Handbook.
4 > Right now I am in the chapter "5.d Configuring Compile Options".
5 >
6 > It says:
7 >
8 > "...Fire up your favorite editor (in this guide we use nano) so we
9 > can alter the optimization variables we will discuss hereafter..."
10 >
11 > So I fired up my favourite editor:
12 >
13 > livecd gentoo # nano -w /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage/make.conf
14 > nano: error while loading shared libraries: libmagic.so.1:
15 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
16 > livecd gentoo #
17 >
18 > So what am I supposed to do now? Seems to me nano is broken...
19
20 Use another editor - like vi(m) - or just chroot into /mnt/gentoo and
21 run nano from there. It does not matter if you edit make.conf before or
22 after chrooting.