From: "Cédric FINANCE" <pticedric@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sync
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:32:23
1 Nagatoro wrote:
2
3 > Cédric FINANCE wrote:
4 >
5 >> The Link quality is not supported by the driver (ndiswrapper). I am
6 >> connected to an irc server and I have no problems. I don't think that
7 >> the problem come from the wireless connection. It might have
8 >> something to do with the rsync protocol, the modem or my ISP. But I
9 >> don't know how to figure out where the problem is.
12 > The only time I've seen this has been if the link has gone down or if
13 > the rsync server is under heavy load (i.e. if I run an emerge on my
14 > server and try to sync against it at the same time).
15 >
16 > Try and download a big file with ftp and see how the throughput is.
17 > This should show if it's a modem/ISP problem or a rsync one.
18
19 I fetched vmware-workstation and got 180kB/s.
22 > Btw when I first got my wireless it constantly lost connection ( 5
23 > connected 1 not connected, 5 seconds connected...) but that was solved
24 > by changing the channel for the wireless link.
25 >
26 It doesn't seems that I lose the connection to the access point.
27 What's strange is that the rsync always stop after 272 files downloaded
28 even during the 3 retries.
36 Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
37 Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list