From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sync
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:23:42
1 On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 20:25 +0100, Cédric FINANCE wrote:
2 > Nagatoro wrote:
3 >
4 > > Try and download a big file with ftp and see how the throughput is.
5 > > This should show if it's a modem/ISP problem or a rsync one.
6 >
7 > I fetched vmware-workstation and got 180kB/s.
8
9 Downloading a single file isn't necessarily going to do the same "stress
10 test" as an rsync trying to download 100000+ files...
11
12 Is it always with the same rsync server or have you tried different
13 ones?
14
15 Also, someone mentioned the channel, did you check your AP and card are
16 using the same channel? (This may be a long shot...)
17
18 Did you try a different driver for ndiswrapper? Did you try the same
19 rsync server with a different card? I know you don't think its the
20 card, but I would still rule it out if I could.
21
22 I don't know what else to suggest - if its the rsync server then don't
23 use it! If not, then try playing around with different hardware /
24 drivers until you isolate the problem...
25
26 HTH,
27 --
28 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>