From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple image annotation software
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 14:47:42
1 On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 15:42:48 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > What application would people recommed to add some simple annotations
3 > to image files? For example, I'd like to add a few arrows, some text,
4 > and maybe a box or oval or two. I sometimes do stuff like that from
5 > the command line using ImageMagick's "convert", but drawing arrows
6 > with that is pretty painful.
7 >
8 > I found x11-misc/shutter, which I think can do it, though I don't need
9 > the screenshot capability. However, shutter pulls in 50+ other
10 > packages as dependencies (including a load of gnome stuff) that I
11 > don't really want.
12 >
13 > Are there any other options? I could probably figure out how to do it
14 > in LibreOffice draw, but that seems suboptimal.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Grant
18
19 I would be mentioning LO Draw, which you have considered. You could give
20 Inkscape a try and see if it will do what you're after.