From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python 2.6 and mailman
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 12:47:06
1 On Wed, 6 May 2009 05:06:51 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I upgraded to python 2.6 -- at the time I didn't know that this
4 > would break mailman, buut there is a version of mailman compatible
5 > with 2.6 -- is there any ebuild for this? I doubt it would be
6 > possible todowngrade to 2.5 -- at least not without great difficult.
7 > Please correct me if I am wrong in any of this, but the easiest thing
8 > would be to get a version of mailman compatible with 2.6.
9
10 There is a bug filed for this, so an updated ebuild should appear
11 shortly. Meanwhile, what's wrong with installing Python 2.5? It's
12 slotted, so you can have 2.5 and 2.6 installed together, or simply switch
13 back to 2.5 until a new mailman ebuild is released. Or is there a reason
14 you really need 2.6?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.