From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Gnome / problem registering the panel with bonobo-activation-server / error code 3
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 20:48:33
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Alex Schuster [mailto:wonko@×××××××××.org]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:16 AM
4 >
5 > Daevid Vincent writes:
6 >
7 > > So now I'm out of ideas.
8 > > Is there a 'debug' mode or something I can see what or why
9 > whatever is
10 > > crashing? How can I be the *only* one having this issue?!
11 >
12 > Maybe you find something in ~/.xsession-errors, but I doubt
13 > that. There is also ~/.gnomerc-errors, have a look there.
14 >
15 > Did you try removing (or better moving) your ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf*
16 > directories? Maybe it's a configuration problem and a fresh
17 > start helps.
18 >
19 > Alex
20
21 I have no ~/.gnomerc-errors
22
23 I tried to delete all the .gnome related stuff, and even things that were'nt related. Same error.
24
25 Then I created a brand new 'testgnome' account that had nothing in /home/testgnome. Same error.
26
27 *sigh*
28
29 This is a longshot, but maybe I should just "emerge --unmerge" all of gnome and related? (how do I do that, including any /etc files
30 and stuff -- like it never happened). Then I can re-emerge it all? I dunno.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list