From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:18:35
1 On Montag, 2. Juli 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I backed up my wife's WinXP fs using K3B and I used default settings which
5 > unfortunately converted all file names to CAPITALS and shortened them to 8
6 > characters maximum, just like DOS would do. Is there a clever way to
7 > change some of them back to lower case (in batches within given
8 > directorates) so that she doesn't have to do it manually one by one? I do
9 > not want to change the access times, only the filename case letters.
10
11 that wasn't k3b - that is an limitation of iso9660. A limitation MS forced
12 down our throats.
13
14 To prevent that in the future, make sure that you tick the 'joliet' option
15 under filesystems (in older k3b) or choose 'linux/unix and windows (with
16 newer k3b).
17
18 About the renaming - maybe this might help:
19 * sys-apps/rename
20 Latest version available: 1.3
21 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
22 Size of downloaded files: [no/bad digest]
23 Homepage: http://rename.berlios.de/
25 License: GPL-2
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list