From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:51:44
1 On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 23:08 +0200, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > that wasn't k3b - that is an limitation of iso9660. A limitation MS
3 > forced
4 > down our throats.
5
6 I wouldn't be quick to blame Microsoft for iso9660. It was designed to
7 be a one-size-fits-all standard so it would work on all (well, most)
8 systems. There is even a part in the standard for file versions as to
9 work with VMS systems (I guess you could blame Digital for that one).
10 OTOH there are plenty of non-standard, incompatible extensions to
11 ISO9660 you can blame (Rock Ridge: Unix, Joliet: Microsoft, El Torito:
12 IBM, Mac OS: Apple).
15 Albert W. Hopkins
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list