From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Audio and DVD cds!!!
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 18:33:19
1 Hello Daniel,
2
3 > He mentioned an error that happens when he click the Gnome (or KDE,
4 > can't remember) icon at the desktop. Not something he typed...
5
6 Thanks for pointing that out!
7
8 > Try simply NOT USING the icon, and using an application direcly.
9
10 OK, I have tryed this with mplayer, xine, cd player
11
12 With cd player and mplayer I am unable to get the cd to play but it
13 does show me the metadata for the cd (audio)
14
15 With xine I can play the cd (audio)
18 > Emerge mplayer and:
19 I have "emerged mplayer"
20
21 > mplayer dvd://
22 what is this and where do I do this?
23
24 > for example. Try XMMS to play audio CDs. Have you tried just playing
25 > them with the app?
26
27 See above for this response
28
29 > Or are you still wanting them to be played
30 > automagically?
31 Rigtht now I don't care if there play auto or not but at a time I
32 would like this.
33
34 I guess your problem is configuration of the WM and maybe some
35 dependency or whatever linked to the way the WM deals with the icons
36 on the desktop.
37 I am using Gnome that portage has of latest one I think, and x11 how
38 do I do this and so on I am a very new users that had done this setup
39 now over 5 times as I run in to one issue or entother?
40
41 > You DO NOT MOUNT audio CDs, that would probably return an error and/or
42 > block the device for direct reading (in the case of a DVD).
43 I tryed this as a test to see if that was the issue and it did not
44 help so I rebooted after it
45
46 Sincerely,
47 Christopher