From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to configure thochpad sensitivity (using hal)?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:50:02
1 On 2010-11-18, Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>wrote:
4 >
5 >> Can anybody point me to a hint on how to configure synaptics touchapad
6 >> sensitivity?
7
8 >> All the docs I can find seem to assume two things:
9 >>
10 >> 1) an xorg.conf file
11 >>
12 >> 2) the xf86-input-synpatics driver
13 >>
14 >> I'm using neither.
15
16 > You can adjust synaptics changing the configuration on the
17 > /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-x11-synaptics.fdi file.
18 > man 4 synaptic can give you a lot of extra options.
19
20 That only works if you're using the synaptics driver -- which I'm not.
21
22 I haven't figured out how to do that yet. It was built, since I
23 included it in INPUT_DEVICES, but HAL decided not to use it.
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Wait ... is this a FUN
27 at THING or the END of LIFE in
28 gmail.com Petticoat Junction??