From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can genkernel install files with different names?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:35:09
1 On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:35:27 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > If I trust the makefile to build the entire operating system kernel,
4 > > build all the modules it needs and copy all those modules to the
5 > > correct locations, I don't see why I can't let it copy one more file
6 > > to /boot.
7 >
8 > I've forgotten, does 'make ... install' also copy the .config and
9 > System.map files to boot, too?
10
11 Yes. It also updates symlinks to all three if you are already using
12 symlinks.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 God is real, unless specifically declared integer.