From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can genkernel install files with different names?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:18:58
1 On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 21:34:53 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:35:27 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > > If I trust the makefile to build the entire operating system kernel,
4 > > > build all the modules it needs and copy all those modules to the
5 > > > correct locations, I don't see why I can't let it copy one more file
6 > > > to /boot.
7 > >
8 > > I've forgotten, does 'make ... install' also copy the .config and
9 > > System.map files to boot, too?
10 >
11 > Yes. It also updates symlinks to all three if you are already using
12 > symlinks.
13
14 Make install doesn't use symlinks here. This is a UEFI box with /boot
15 formatted FAT32, so the three files are copied, not linked to.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.